Christmas decorations... on a budget!

I saw this wonderful idea from another mummy friend (thank you Gem) of how to add a bit of Christmas cheer to your home, study or even your office desk at work without having to spend lots of extra money on Christmas decorations!

Simply add a paperback book Christmas tree to surround yourself with a little festivity!

What you'll need:

-A paperback book- 150 pages or more (one you no longer need or you can pick one up cheaply for less than £1 at the local library or in local charity shops) 

- Glitter, sequins or any other materials you wish to decorate your tree with.

(I made a fabric star topper for mine)

- clips

1. Fold back the front cover of the book and gently tear it away from the pages and binding until it is completely removed.

2. You need to perform 3 folds of each page. Here I will use photographs to show you (it's easier than trying to write instructions) please follow the folds as pictured:

Fold 1:


Fold 2:






Fold 3:




Continue for each page until you reach a minimum of 150 pages.


Use your clips to hold the folded pages back whilst you work through further pages.


Work in progress!

Once your tree is complete you can roll the edges in glue and then glitter for some sparkle or glue on sequins, tinsel, gems anything you like to decorate your tree!

I simply added a fabric star on top which I made from one of Oscar's old bibs, drew out a template, cut out the fabric, sewed it together and stuffed with filler, its held on top as a a small cocktail stick was inserted in the base and then I just slipped it into the top of my tree :)


I'm going to take mine to work for my desk as a nice touch of home made Christmas

Have fun making yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by aleelilydesigns