I am fortunate to have a real life friend in Rachel who also happens to be a blogger ( a very fabulous one at that) over at The Illistrated Teacup and has introduced me to the more sociable side of the whole blogging world and the people behind the web pages.
Southampton Bloggers organise fantastic events year round and I was lucky enough to receive an invitation to the HomeSense event in June. This was perfect for me. It involved perusing a store full of wonderful goodies, gave me a couple of much needed and enjoyed hours to myself and was not too far from home.
So off I travelled down to HomeSense Hedge End store and was welcomed by the lovely Fran & Emma from Publicasity with Prosecco, canapés and a cute little #SouthamptonLoves tag to capture photos of all the items in store that I loved.
There was absolutely no reason to be nervous as everyone at the event were really friendly and welcoming. I was glad to see Alice from Annie Writes Beauty, Alice & Jess work hard to secure some fantastic opportunities and meet ups for the Southampton Blogging network.
It was so much fun looking around the store and rummaging through all the unique products. This is what I love about HomeSense, it's not rows and rows of the same thing it really is like a treasure trove of delights which get your interior design juices flowing.
You're simply spoilt for choice with beautiful dishes, centrepieces and decor of all kinds. There really is something here for everyone.
I saw some colourful and quirky foot stalls, ornaments inspired from around the globe and they even have a kitchenware, garden section and crafts aisle. If you're looking for some tasty treats to fill your home or a delicious gift for family & friends you're also spoilt for choice with the gourmet food emporium and an appetising selection of wines.
Featured throughout the store were items from one of my personal favourite designers Orla Kiely including a beautiful home journal and bedding sets. I would never dream of being able to afford Orla's designs usually but with the help of HomeSense some of her range becomes much more accessible.
Despite all the temptations I kept my sensible mummy head on and aimed to find something practical for the home. I decided to treat us to a new duvet set and the home furnishings didn't disappoint.
You can find some top brands here including another one of my absolute favourites Scion, famous for their Mr Fox.
In the end I actually opted for a Helena Springfield bedding set from her Rise and Shine Range. With its over sized floral motifs and retro style design it's very much in line with my favourite styles and had some gorgeous pastel shades. On the reverse it also features a mini floral print in a beautiful duck egg blue.
I had a really enjoyable evening with the blogging girls and the event felt really relaxed and informal. Not stuffy or bewildering at all (especially for those sometimes nervy types like me) So if you're looking to get more involved in the blogging community please don't hesitate. You can check out their Twitter Page here.
I'd throughly recommend a trip to HomeSense if you're looking for something unique, a talking point piece (there are some wonderful wall mounted wooden African Giraffes, Gold and Jewel encrusted Buddas, Giant bell jars- delightful filled with fairy lights- the list is endless) or just if you want to deck out the house with some designer goodies at great prices. It's definitely worth a visit.
All views are of my own opinion and is a true and honest reflection having visited HomeSense Hedge End store in person. Chosen product was kindly gifted as part of the Blogger's event attended.








Ah yay! I am loving your post! Those centre piece plates were so pretty weren't they?! I am glad you had a great evening, hopefully we can venture into blogging event number two soon :) xx
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a wonderful time at your first event. This is a great post and I really do need to get over to homesense again soon though I feel I'll be saying goodbye to lots of money!!!
ReplyDeleteRach // http://illustratedteacup.com