And I don't mean a Victoria sponge :P
I do feel like crafting has almost become a side effect of my pregnancy this time around, I am thoroughly enjoying my crafts and making lots of custom gifts and pressies for people, in fact next week I have a post about a baby shower hamper I have put together and some recent needlework but for now let's take a look at how bump has changed!
I must be honest I am really struggling this time round with horrid heart burn, having great difficult trying to sleep and my immune system is at an all time low. I have suffered 4 infections now in the last 2 months and have been referred to a specialist at the hospital to try and get to the bottom of it all.
Also baby is breech this time around which means his/ her feet are facing down and his/ her head is nestled under my rib cage, not favourable for a natural labour. In my naivety I assumed things
would be just like the were when I carried Oscar and well they're simply not!
This little one loves to swim around in my tummy not just kick and punch, it rotates like a rolly polly in there which is quite different to Oscar's movements. Obviously his/ her positioning is also very different.
I have been very poorly this time round and stumbled across struggles as early as my 2nd trimester whereas with my 1st child I found the 2nd trimester a breeze! I was a lot more active with Oscar, swimming, taking part in aqua natal and anti natal classes. This time around with a toddler to occupy us bump has not quite had such un divided attention.
I only have 10 weeks to go now so am making it my aim to get down the pool and bob around a bit in the water just to take the weight of me and bump for a bit and enjoy some 'us' time! I've also heard handstands in the water can help with flipping the baby naturally.
I am sitting on my birthing ball during office hours now which I am hoping will help with relaxing my hips and improving my posture which is usually a terrible slumped position.
Despite all the pain, the niggles and the what seems endless courses of antibiotics recently I know I will dearly miss my bump when its gone! So... When I'm reading this back in a few months time with a newborn attached to my breast and a toddler tugging at my trouser leg I know I'll be filled with happiness at what was my beautiful baby bump :)


No comments:
Post a Comment