What to get a geeky daddy for his birthday...

Well it's Daddy's birthday soon so I've been busy thinking up present ideas :)

Firstly we start with the football of course! Daddy is an avid Saints fan and unfortunately due to finance and time constraints we often don't get to go anymore. So when Daddy's birthday was nearing football comes first into my mind!

I text his best mate and asked if he wanted to go to the match on Sunday vs Swansea City and he was up for it and kindly ordered the tickets, I transferred the money over online and am planning to tell hubby on match day so it's a surprise!

I dropped a sneaky email to the club to see if they could feature a birthday announcement in the programme from Oscar and I just to finish of the sentiment :) unfortunately it wasn't featured though! Apologies to Nath for forking out the £4 for the programme doh!

Next I sourced some suitably appropriate geek t-shirts! I saw some lovely matching tees online for father and son. Here are some of my favourites:

1. Big Geek. Little Geek.

These came in at only £11.99 for the pair! what a bargain. They feature glasses and the wording 'Big Geek' and 'Little Geek' and are just adorable! You can grab these at Just Another Tee.com




2. It wasn't me. It was him.

These are just too cute for words. Featuring little monsters on the front, the matching t-shirts feature the wording 'It wasn't me' on the child's and 'It was him' on the adults. So cheeky and fun!






These are available from http://www.bananalane.co.uk/ under the gift sets section of the website, but come in at a pricey £28.

3. Copy & Paste.

Well everyone is always saying Oscar is a mini me of his daddy, so these just had to be the one! Copy & Paste T-shirts found on Etsy!





Not only does the t-shirt imply that Oscar is just like his Daddy but there's also a clever bit of computer geekery in there! Perfect for our little carbon copy ;-)

These were priced in at £23 for the two so middle of the road.

Finally I couldn't resist but hand make something crafty for Daddy! I am sure he is completely fed up with me putting things into box frames and filling the wall with art so this time it needed to be something perhaps he could take to work with him or display somewhere other than the wall.

That's when I came across the idea online of a 'Daddy Cam'

A home made 'camera' photo frame featuring a photograph of his little family. The full tutorial can be found here: Alpha Mom. All you need is a block of wood, some empty lids from the kitchen, some black acrylic paint, nails and a photo!

I must admit I added adapted mine slightly by sanding the wood down between coats of paint, shaping the wooden block a little more to give it a more 'camera' looking shape and I used some silver paint for the trim and 'buttons'. I also used screws instead of nails for a more secure attachment and secured a foam trim so that the camera was more like a replica of Daddy's Fuji! I also had a little help from Grandad who is pretty much awesome at DIY stuff. He's my number one for crafting advice and finishing touches.




To finish it all off Oscar and I made Daddy a card together. Oscar did his very first felt tip drawing on a piece of paper using lots of different colours, we then added some stickers and a photograph of Oscar and Daddy taking off in the rocket ship! Inside we did thumb prints using our ink pads to sign it from the both of us.






Natasha & Oscar X

2 comments:

  1. I love number two, I can just imagine Paul and Elliot wearing them!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I desperately wanted to purchase them but just couldn't justify £28, maybe another time :) x

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by aleelilydesigns