One of the volunteers was asking for home birth experiences and although we didn't have a home birth I did offer to share our experience of labouring at our local birth centre which was welcomed.
What was so refreshing about writing her birth story was having a written record of events to keep, I find as the time passes the whole experience and memory of birth can fade and become blurred so having things written down is a refreshing reminder.
Also it's good to talk, sharing your birth story no matter what the experience, the good, the bad and the ugly is such a positive thing to do as it helps others get an insight into different birthing stories, understand and appreciate that each birth is different and there is no norm. Birth experiences are certainly as unique as each child that enters the world.
It's a great feeling to be able to share with other mums and families an appreciation of each birth story no matter what the content or happenings, not in a means to compare, to compete or even to associate with each of them but simply to appreciate and hear them is a wonderful thing to be able to do.
So I'm glad we shared our birth story.
I'm pleased we sought support from the neighbourhood midwives, the breech birth support groups and midwifery led acupuncture and moxibustion practices locally. And I'm even more pleased that these support services exist.
Having a breech baby to full term certainly made us think outside the box and re evaluate our options particularly with standard practice guidelines nationally and at our local hospital.
On that note here is a quote from birth without fear which seems to sum things up perfectly.


No comments:
Post a Comment