But I'm determined to make my own nursery mobile for decor and for little Lottie's enjoyment.
I've been browsing ideas for months and bookmarking them but have never really got round to grabbing all the materials and deciding upon a design.
Sometimes I see these beautiful ideas online and get put off at my capabilities to put something together. No one likes bringing all their goodies home from the craft store only to find their idea doesn't work or looks a bit naff in reality.
For this reason I decided to keep this one simple (and I mean super simple). This mobile could be put together with some spare ribbons (if you have any) or from ribbons obtained from an arts/crafts exchange if you want to keep costs to a minimum. You really just need an embroidery hoop and off you go. No sewing, gluing or complicated piecing together.
All you need to do is measure your ribbons out evenly and then loosely tie them onto the embroidery hoop.
I wanted to make Lottie's mobile in keeping with her nursery theme which is pink and gold so chose these colours for my ribbons.
To finish off the mobile you will need to tie 2 pieces of cord/twine to hang it and suspend from a ceiling hook.
What I like about the mobile is that it could quite easily remain as part of the room decor as Lottie gets a little older, it adds a splash of colour to what is effectively our box room and is a simple but effective way of doing so.
How did you decorate your little one's nursery? Did you make any features yourself and did it take you as long as me to get round to it? X



No comments:
Post a Comment