Last year I made a giant Gaston the ladybird (from Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom) for Oscar's birthday card which was read out live on Channel 5's Milkshake for his 1st birthday.
We were so excited it was featured and recorded it to show Oscar when he is older.
So we thought we'd try again this year and put our creativity to the test again.
This years theme we have gone for Peppa Pig, and she is accompanied by her little brother George Pig, Mr Dinosaur and a rather tasty looking chocolate cupcake with sprinkles on top.
But who's hiding under the cake I hear you ask ;) yep there he is, our little Oscar!
To make our card we used some great quality recycled card stock from Hardings, our local framers and gallery in the centre of the village. The shop keeper left some free card stock outside the main entrance to be re used locally, I thought this was a really nice touch so jumped at the chance and grabbed some.
We then printed some stock images of Peppa Pig characters found online (thanks Google) which were sent to our local printers Footprint South. I can't recommend these guys enough! I have used them for all my crafts and their papers and ink are great quality, their customer service fantastic and their print turnaround extremely speedy.
A few hours cutting and sticking later and here's what we came up with.
We used sticky foam to raise the characters slightly and double sided sticky tape to secure the photograph and cupcake securely.
The Peppa Pig font was downloaded free of charge from the awesome collection at Dafont.
So, the big question is was it featured...
It sure was. You can catch a small clip right here.
Milkshake require birthday cards at least 1 month before they are due to be read out, so as long as you get crafting in good time and catch the post there is every chance your cards might get read out (:
It's a lot of fun seeing your little ones photo up on the big screen amongst their favourite tv and story book characters.


I always think about sending one into CBeebies for Elliot but I never get round to it...and with my creativity skills they'd probably never feature it anyway hah! xx
ReplyDeleteHa! You'd be surprised hun, they show a good variety of cards; drawn, printed, painted! All sorts. Perhaps give it a go next year (:
ReplyDelete